16 December 2008

Spears plans Indian peace trip

Britney Spears has reportedly decided to visit terror-hit India in a bid to help boost the country's image.

The 27-year-old made plans for the trip after being introduced to an Indian-born choreographer, according to the Daily Star.

Spears will reshoot the video for hit single 'Womanizer' to reflect the positive side of India.

It is thought that choreographer Sandip Soparrkar, whom she met through Madonna, will act as her guide.

"Britney and Sandip think she can make a great difference," claimed a friend of Spears. "She is already well loved in the country and wants to bring some joy to the people.

"She wants to shoot an alternative video and she can’t wait to make her visit. Britney wants to be a regular visitor to India. She really wants to help."

Spears told the Daily Star Sunday that she plans to travel "very soon".

"I love India. Its culture is so rich and colourful," she said. "I’m hoping to visit in the near future. I’d like to thank my Indian fans for loving my music. I will do everything I can to help.

"And I am so happy that Sandip is doing the second video for 'Womanizer'."

Source: digitalspy.co.uk/

2 CommentsPosted on 15 Dec 2008 by video of the day